Black Box Corporation
Black Box Ethernet Managed Switch - (24) RJ-45, (4) SFP+ 1--10-GbE
The Gigabit Ethernet Managed Switch adds 28 high-speed ports-including four 10-GBE SFP+ ports-while offering advanced L2 plus L3 management and security features your enterprise network needs.
This capable switch offers 24 autosensing 10-/100-/1000-Mbps RJ-45 Ethernet ports. It also has four SFP+ ports which support 1- or 10-Gbps uplinks through the use of SFP+ transceivers.
The switch is fully managed, supporting SNMP version 1, 2c, and 3. The embedded RMON software agents support RMON groups 1 (history), 2 (statistics), 3 (alarms), and 9 (events).
The integral Web server enables Web-based management via Web browser. This GUI interface enables switch configuration, system dashboard, maintenance, and monitoring.
The wide range of management and support features also includes dual image, port mirroring, LLDP, sFlow®, UPnP®, IPv6, SSH, RADIUS, DHCP Client/DHCPv6 Client, SNTP, cable diagnostics, ping, syslog, and Telnet client with SSH security
Support for VLAN and QoS
Support for up to four simultaneous VLANs enables you to segment traffic with port-based, 802.1Q tag-based, management, private or MAC-based VLANs. 802.1p Layer 2 quality of service (QoS) enables prioritization of time-sensitive applications such as VoIP and video.
You get enterprise-class security features, too. 802.1X port-based network access control authenticates devices connecting to your network. The switch also supports SNMPv3 cryptographic security, SSH and SSL. Plus, you can set up a guest VLAN that enables visitors to access the Internet without also giving them access to the corporate network.
The Gigabit Ethernet Managed Switch features IEEE 802.3az energy-efficient Ethernet, which scales down power consumption during periods of low data activity. This feature adds up to energy savings of up to 50%.
Cable length detection adjusts signal strength to the cable length, reducing power consumption on shorter cable runs.
- Provides (24) 10-/100-/1000-Mbps UTP ports and (4) 1-/10-GbE SFP+ slots.
- SFP+ slots enable single-mode or multimode fiber uplinks up to 80 km away, depending on the SFP.
- Enterprise-class L2+ switch offers advanced L3 features such as static route, IPv6 support and LLDP.
- IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet reduces power consumption and lowers total cost of ownership.
- Features full SNMP management plus web-based management CLI and a console port.
- Provides configurable QoS parameters for prioritizing and managing traffic.
- Comprehensive security features, such as IP source guard and ACL, protect your network from unauthorized access.
- Supports IEEE 802.1x port-based network access control.
- Embedded Device Management System simplifies installation and management of attached nodes, such as wireless access points, VoIP phones and PCs.